Mundo’s Handmade Pottery is created in San Juan de Oriente, a small village nestled among volcanos, alongside a picturesque lagoon. In a typical village scene you are likely to see ox carts delivering clay and other materials to the various workshops. Each detailed pot is hand-thrown, painted, and hand carved sgraffito style. Shipped from Washington DC.
We are the nation’s leading distributor of Nicaraguan ceramics where many leading museum stores, galleries and various independent retail shops and fair trade vendors carry some portion of our collection.
- elegant and distinctive décor for your living and work spaces
- unique and meaningful gifts for friends and family
- helps grow the prosperity of artists and their families
- supports community projects & micro-loans
- we operate as a socially responsible company, following fair trade practices